Sunday, December 22, 2013

NEW, UNDISCOVERED & RUDDY AWESOME MUSIC ONE

So on my Twitter @diamond_glasses
I have quite a few followers who happen to be budding musicians
in the making and I thought it would be nice
to take a moment to listen to their music and give you a heads
up on who's who and some tunes to listen to.

Before this blog I wrote a blog called Tee Pot Music
but as I've been so busy, and because something crazy happened
which involved me not listening to the radio for weeks at a time,
I didn't think I was in as good a position
to recommend new music.

But I'm going to flex my musical joints right now *crack crack*
and dish out some musical goods for you in time for 
Christmas... I don't have time to write much but I'm 
going to give you some names, songs and info as to where, if you
like what you hear, you can find out more.

:)

___________________________________________________

1) Alex George 


Slow Dancing In A Burning Room (John Mayer Cover)


 Lego House (Ed Sheeran Cover)


LA LA LA (Sam Smith ft Naughty Boy cover)

This Barnham native is very, very good at 
what he does. I've just been listening to the covers above
and nodding my head in approval like the Churchill dog on
those adverts because me like what I am hearing. 
Alex has such a gorgeous voice
that will slot nicely into the 'Easy Listening' and 'Acoustic
genres of your music library.

So far he only has covers up, but it will
be interesting to see what Alex's produces when he takes a dabble at
making his own music.

If you like Alex George you should also take a look at 
the music of his collaboration partner Ben Harvey.

STAY TUNED IN:

GO TO SONG
La La La (cover)
-see video above

FACEBOOK

YOU TUBE

TWITTER

_______________________________

2) JAKE WEST


Believe


Skinny Love (Bon Iver cover)


Your Love

Jake hails from Leeds, up in depths of Yorkshire,
but alas, his beautiful rich voice bears no trace of this.
I would write more about Jake and who he is,
but he sums it perfectly himself in
this groovy and funny little You Tube vid...


STAY TUNED IN:

GO TO SONG
BELIEVE
(he writes his own music!)

YOUTUBE

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

__________________________________________________________________

3)  ADAM BYRNE


Sun Don't Shine (Sonnentanz ft Will Heard cover)



Hold On We're Going Home ft Get Lucky

Now I can't find out much about Adam, 
except he's Irish (wooooooh, we love the Irish!) but
what I can tell you is that this guy is
a budding talent if ever there was one. The two vids
above see Adam collaborate with another guy,
whose name I do not know, but when the two come together
it really is something amazing.

To see what I mean go listen to their covers
and you'll understand. I hope Adam and said guy form a
duet because I really do think they are onto something when they
bring their respective talents together, and
I can't wait to hear what they cover next!

GO TO TUNE 
Hold On We're Going Home (cover)

YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/user/adambyrnacus?feature=watch

TWITTER
https://twitter.com/_AdamByrne

________________________________________________________________

4) MajorLOVE



Sunrise



All The Other People

MajorLOVE are an indie-dance-pop duo comprised of
a husband and wife with a big love for music.
They hail from Phoenix Arizona (quite possibly where Bella
in Twilight is from- nerd fact right there) and
trust me you will be pleasantly surprised by what you find
when you click on their vids.

I have to admit I wasn't sure what to expect,
but the You Tube comments assured me goodness was about to come
my way and y'know what, they were damn right.

Take a listen to Sunrise in particular for gorgeous vocals galore.

STAY TUNED IN:

GO TO TUNE
Sunrise
(own song!)

YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/user/MajorLOVEmusic?feature=watch

FACEBOOK

____________________________

5) MR TOM


Feet Hit The Floor



Dead of The Night



King & Queen

Mr Tom is a four piece self described 'indie banger pop'
band from Southampton who create some tunes that most certainly
do fit into the 'banger' category.
If you want an example listen to 'Feet Hit The Floor' which
launches straight into an upbeat mish mash of pulsating
sounds that will instantly hook your attention.

They also have the best website ever!
http://www.mrtommusic.com/ 

STAY TUNED:

GO TO TUNE
Feet Hit The Floor

FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/MrTomMusic

YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTommusicchannel?feature=watch


_______________________________________________________

This concludes the first part of the new music special,
but rest assured, you can expect another post within the next couple of days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment