Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013: MY YEAR

2013.
What. A. Year. It. Has. Been

For me personally, 2013 had a lot to live up to having
had an absolutely incredible 2012, which was confidently swaggering around at the top of my 
'Best Year of My Life Ever So Far' list.
Could 2013 match 2012? 

Well seeing as I was so reluctant to welcome
it -my arms were sandwiched to my side, definitely not doing a Frauline Maria 'The Hills Are Alive With The Sound Of Music' with my arms so wide open I'm sure they're going to snap off my body-
2013 is actually very very close to knocking 2012
off that sacred top spot...

It hasn't been as obviously amazing as last year, no no no, it's been amazing in a different way. 

Here's what I've done:

1) Went on a Spanish exchange and was allowed to
pretend I was Spanish for a week, and it was honestly
one of the best things I have ever done, even if
I did tread in dog poo and get locked in a toilet
and walked into a lampost. Twice.

2) Passed my AS levels and still haven't had the
cataclysmic brain meltdown that is due any day
now that I'm half way through my A Levels.

3) Saw the amazing Arctic Monkeys (my boy Alex luv u bby),
Tom Odell, the Ruen Brothers and The 1975 and met Matty!

4) Decided what I want to do with my life (finally)

5) Started this blog after being inspired by a certain
Jimmy Choo advert featuring diamond glasses and 
Nicole Kidman... ;)

6)Finally started selling my designs and artwork by setting
up my own art and design business 'Bluboca', and you don't
understand how proud I am of my little business, it's
like proper maternal love man. 

7) Started volunteering at the Stroke Association
(one of the best decisions I've ever made) and 
with autistic children (equally amazing), both of 
which I love.

8) Made my nana laugh so hard she almost wet herself,
which believe it or not was one of the best feelings 
in the world because she had been really ill and in a lot of pain, so for even five minutes at that she
 was able to forget all the pain completely.

9) Had my AS Spanish exam and a job interview on my 17th
birthday... SUPER DUPER EXTREME FUN.

10) Got my first ever proper job the day after my birthday,
as a dishwasher (woohoo dishwasher life) and four
months later handed in my first notice.

11) Learnt how to be a waitress and amazingly I am yet
to drop a plate or drink, which is a complete and utter miracle
as I am the clumsiest person known to man.
My day is not complete until I have walked into a door.
Or a table leg. Or a cupboard.

12) Used my debit card for the first time and opened
my own bank account (very mature) and put
my own hard earned money in it.

13) Went to Menorca for the first time and sweated
my cares away. 

14) Went to college in my PJ's (bad decision).

15) Met a guy who I would never normally go for/ picture myself being with, who just so happens to literally be my perfect 
match and it almost seems like fate (ooooh, spooky). 
And even if it doesn't end romantically
that's alright because he can be my guy best friend.
He's like my twin, even though his idea of 'the best scrambled eggs in the world' is wrong and he knows this.

16) Tried lots of different types of alcohol and the only
one I really like is Smirnoff Ice, which doesn't sound
as classy as champagne or rose so I'm just going to pretend
that I really like them instead "champagne darlink".

17)Finally got a pair of Dr Martens and I'm still in love
seven months later.

18) Went on a train all by myself.
Got a metaphorical gold star and everything.

19) Been to lots of places on the university trail...
Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds, Reading, Newcastle and been to 
university interviews cause like I said
I'M PROPER MATURE ME.

20) Stopped being insecure and actually got some
of that magic stuff called self confidence and self esteem
and dealt with all those demons and fears and embraced
being a single, independent lady a la Beyonceeeyyyyy.

21) Discovered The Breakfast Club, Submarine, Bruce
Springsteen, Rod Stewart, and lots of other amazing
 films and artists and music and vinyl and porridge
 and Walkers Hoops & Crosses
and the wonders of make-up and The Big Bang Theory
AND SO MUCH MORE!!!

22) Been to London (twice) and Liverpool and York,
where I happened to have the most tastiest piece of
carrot cake in the whole entire world...

And with that, I shall conclude this post.
Loads more other stuff happened, so much that I can't remember, but 2013, man I love ya and you know
what? I think I'm really gonna miss ya... 

<3

BABY I LOVE YOU






No comments:

Post a Comment