Monday, March 10, 2014

GOOD DAYS + BAD DAYS (+ SOME BUTTERNUT SQUASH)

  

Last week was a particularly bad week for me, and I'm not going to lie, it really got me down,
as bad days and numerous bad days in succession normally do.

 I got to the end of the week and had reached the point where I was just expecting something bad 
to happen, like fate dictated that because this week had begun rather bad, the rest of the week had 
to stay in line with that. It felt like someone somewhere had it in for me and I have to say I'm not 
the best at coping when things go wrong. I always tell other people to carry on, it's just one bad 
day, you have so many other good things happening yet when I'm the one having a bad day, I 
really can't take my own advice.

If I'm having a bad day, I let it get to me, I let it pull me down, I fall at the first hurdle, and
I hate it. I want to be strong, I want to keep positive, but I just can't.

Now I'm not going to go into details about my bad week, but I will say it involved the shortest
job interview in the history of ever that ended in a quick rejection, me being 'late' for work and
completely and utterly messing up my Biology practical exam. Add to that the stress of college
and pressure of getting the grades for Uni and some serious overthinking, and you're guaranteed 
a breakdown by the end of the week.

_______________________________________________________________________

But, the most important thing is that once I had that mini meltdown, things began to slowly
get better, and I pinpoint this moment as being when I decided to make some butternut 
squash chips, purely randomly. I was expecting them to burn and yes a couple of them did,
but most of them didn't, and they tasted delicious. And after that, I just knew that my bad luck
was coming to and end. And I was right.

The whole butternut squash thing was yesterday. Today is the start of a new week,
and the strangest thing has been happening. It's almost as if by going through such a
crap week last week, karma, or the laws of the universe or something has dictated that 
now I'm going to have a really good week to make up for it. 

Today was only Monday and yet so many good things happened, most of them small
but they accumulate to form a bigger picture...

1) I almost missed the bus this morning but I didn't.
2) My friend bought us 'chocolate rocks' from Iran (where he's from) which I love.
3) Work let me off being late due to my apology email (I got a smiley face and everything!).
4) Me & one of my best friends began planning a trip to London.
4) I got an A on my English essay (aaaaaaahhhhh!!!)
5) I thought I would be on my own at lunch but I wasn't.
6) I felt like a sassy, independent, strong lady (wooooh) ;)
7) I got an offer from a university for which I genuinely thought I had
screwed up my interview and that I never expected to get an offer from EVER.
8) It was sunny and warm and beautiful and I just felt simply content.

____________________________________________________________________

So I don't quite know how this universe works, but I just wanted to say that if you're having
a bad week like I did, hold in there. Life has a funny way of working out and it's more
than likely that that bad week is preparing you for something amazing that is just around
the corner. Struggle through the bad and you'll be rewarded with the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment