Thursday, October 24, 2013

ONE FOR THE ROAD, AKA. TRACTOR PROMO, AKA QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST THING I'VE EVER WATCHED



You're yet to realise it yet, but my absolute FAVOURITE
BAND EVER TO EXIST EVER EVER EVER
is the Arctic Monkeys.
If you let me, I could literally rabbit on for hours 
and I mean, HOURS, as in, if you got me going now,
I could probably still be quacking on 365 days later,
I just love them that much.
And yes I know they're not everyone's cup of tea,
but I ruddy love them, and yesterday they released the video
for 'One For The Road', their third single of fifth
number 1 album 'AM'.

And you can't say you don't like them after watching it.

This band will forever amuse me because fame to them
is just something that came with success,
and they don't really give a crap about it, not like other
musicians or artists might do.

Just to give you a few examples as to what I mean, this
is the band who turned up to the Brits circa 2007, their first Brit awards may I add, dressed firstly as the Wizard of Oz quartet, and secondly as the members of the infamous YMCA.



This is the band who, for comeback single 'Do I Wanna Know', didn't even feature themselves in the video, 
despite a two year absence from the music scene.
This is the band who sung about pick and mix and gobstoppers and made it cool, the band whose lead singer looks like Elvis
re-incarnated yet still manages to look cooler than the King himself, if that were even possible

And in this video, they step things up a notch,
crank it up a tad just to put it one way....
If you've heard the song, or the album itself, you'll notice
a slight 90's R&B influence that's present
on numerous tracks, this being one of them. 

'One For The Roadin particular is probably the track that embodies this, and when you picture a video in your head,
you think instantly of house party
late night antics, 
cool cool cool and nothing less.

You don't, think TRACTORS.

So of course that's EXACTLY what the Monkeys have gone and decided to do.

Make a video about TRACTORS.

This would be like Kanye West & Jamie Foxx making the video for 'Gold Digger' and deciding to film it in a 
giant bubble bath floating around on giant yellow ducks.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

But I was absolutely WETTING MYSELF as I watched it.

You can see that the Monkeys are taking the mick
just because they can, but ugghhhhh it just works so well!

How they make tractor riding so cool I do not know...

I'd urge you watch the vid right now,
and in order to understand exactly how amazingly funny this
mad creation is, please please please skip to
0:57 and then come back and
laugh with me, because it's GENIUS.













No comments:

Post a Comment