Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HAIM-A-HOLIC


Sometimes I get these moments where I just
really wish I was a member of Haim. Or that my sister would 
let me make a band with her so we can be like Haim too.

We both have long hair and she can sing like
Whitney and Beyonce and Gloria Gaynor when she wants to
and I can play the guitar so y'know, it's plausible.

Of course Derby, UK isn't as glamorous or jealousy inducing
as California, USA but it doesn't matter where you come
from, or at least not that much.


If you aren't familiar with Haim by now,
please get yourself on You Tube and look up their music
because it's just awesome and they are awesome
and so cool and fashionable. 
Or, you could buy their incredible début 'Days are Gone
if that's what floats your boat.

Haim, as you may have guessed already, are
a trio of sisters -Alana, Este and Danielle- who hail
from California and all their family are so musically gifted
that they formed a family band and played gigs together!
 How cool! The only thing my family is gifted at is singing 
the Sound Of Music soundtrack together, word for word, 
harmony for harmony.... 
Somehow it doesn't quite compare.


In a few months time they'll be heading here to
the UK for their first headline tour and if you follow
this link you can go grab yourself a pair of tickets and
make me super duper jealous because I haven't
bought any yet.

It kicks off at Rock City, Nottingham (the gig
nearest me) on the 4th of March so click like the wind
on the link below my lovelies
'CLICK FOREST CLICK'

I love Haim because they're a kick ass
girl group who the music industry has taken seriously.
They all play instruments, they can all sing, they all dress
achingly cool, they all stand for female
empowerment and that 'don't bullsh*t me' attitude.
Heck, Este's twitter name is Jizzy McGuire for pete's sake!

So whenever I'm in need of a girl-power-boost, eg. when one guy
thought I was incapable of using powerpoint (b*tch 
please I've been using it since I was eight) I whack out 
my ipod and put on a Haim track and all is right in the world.

So yeah, to conclude, I'm a self confessed Haim-a-holic and
if we all use this term enough we might be able
to get it into the Oxford Dictionary.
BOO YAH.

WEBSITE:

If you like the illustration at the top of the page
you can buy it here:

HERE'S SOME OF MY FAVE HAIM TUNES

FOREVER

DON'T SAVE ME

THE WIRE

FALLING

2 comments:

  1. Hola!!!! no conocia tu blog y tiene una personalidad arroyadora. Me encanta muchisimo tu estilo asi es que me quedo como seguidora y tambien de tus redes sociales. Si quieres nos podemos seguir mutuamente. Un besazo

    http://todreamtheimpossiblemnoeliaco.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah muchas gracias! estudio espanol en el instituto asi que puedo entender la mayoria de que has escribido :) estás muy amable para decir que y sí voy a seguirte y tu blog :) un beso a ti tambien.

      Delete