Sunday, February 2, 2014

DUNGAREES: THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD


Yesterday I went shopping and as is always the case,
I was resolute on the matter that I would not buy a 
single thingUnder no circumstances would a shiny gold 
pound slip out of my hand, nor would my debit card be 
swiped, swished or see the light of day.

LET ME TELL YOU RIGHT NOW
THIS DID NOT HAPPEN.

And I'll tell you why.

It was all H & M's fault. 

In my mind, as I walked into the store,
I was thinking 'I will only part with my cash
if I find a piece of clothing that is truly amazing,
an investment piece unlike anything I already own.
I can't want it, I have to desperately need
it to be mine.'

And there was me, thinking that this criteria
was pretty solid and all that, impossible to fulfil,
 but lo and beholdmy eyes fell upon a collection of 
dungarees and I was instantly smitten.

I tried on a few pairs in a variety of styles
and colours, but when I tried on the pair you can
see in the photo above, I knew they were the one.
They fit like the most perfect dream.

They were the right length, they were high waisted,
they were comfy, fitted, they accentuated and 
complemented my figure, they were the perfect colour, 
design.

You can see them below:

Get them at this link:

Normally I wouldn't go for dungarees, or I wouldn't
have thought that they'd fit me or look any good on me,
yet finding these babies has completely changed my 
perspective of them. Dungarees are so versatile,
you can wear them oh so many different ways and
what's best, they make fashion easy, even if going
to the toilet becomes a bit of a nightmare what with
all the buttons, straps and zips.

Just throw on a t-shirt or jumper underneath,
or over the top (that's another reason why dungarees
are so cool) and you're good to go.

Here are some pictures of people cooler than me
wearing dungarees for you to peruse over.
Dungarees were meant to be having some big fashion
comeback yet it never really seemed to take off, so
let's start a dungaree revolution jah?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment