Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THE ONLY SINGLE FRIEND


As of now, I am the only
single friend out of my immediate friendship group.
Wahey. It happened. The day finally came.

So if you're a single guy, and you see me and my friends walking down the street together, I'm afraid your only option
is me, the girl who probably just walked into a lamp post
or trod in a nice big pile of dog crap.

LUCKY YOU.

For some reason this occasion feels quite momentous
yet I don't think it's properly sunk in yet what this
actually means. 

I knew it was going to happen; it was, as Tinie Tempah
would say, 'written in the stars', inevitable, and I don't mind
because out of all my friends, I'm probably
the one who is least fussed about being single and
definitely the most boy impaired.

It's only been this last year or so that I've got
comfortable just talking to boys and that I've actually begun
doing something along the lines of flirting.
I know this to be true because a guy I sit next to 
in class wanted to ask me something, but I was 
talking with this other guy who I get on really well
with, and he was like "will you two stop flirting"
and I went bright redSo there.
I can flirt and look like a human tomato
AT THE SAME TIME
Beat that.


Now as you may recall me previously saying, I have been
single all my life so I am completely clueless as to what it's
like to be in a relationship or be kissed or whatever.

One friend is so used to me being single that
when she listed all her single friends that she wanted to hook up
with her new boyfriend's fit friends, she completely forgot
about me.

Ay caramba.

I can't say I mind though, because to me,
going out on a date with someone I haven't met before
scares the heeby jeebies out of me, and 
knowing me, I'd probably do my Marge Simpson impression
or something weird (cool) like that in an attempt to 
seem impressive and attractive and alluring.

So where does all this leave me?

Well it leaves me single, yes, but
that doesn't mean I'm not happy, or that I feel like
I need to find some poor guy quick and force him to be
my one and only so that I'm not the odd one out.
If you embrace being single, you can have a
of a time.

Because the way I see it is this: I'm happy,
I am free, I live for me,  I love my life, I do whatever 
I want, when I want, I love myself for who I am,
 I'm confident in myself, I'm independent, strong,
I can stand up for myself, I've got my friends and family
and lastly, I can flirt( and imitate tomatoes)with 
whoever I want.

SO
AND YOU KNOW WHAT?

I RUDDY LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment