Wednesday, January 29, 2014

SUBMARINE SOUNDTRACK// RAINY MORNINGS


In England the weather has been 
acting like a fully fledged hormonal teenager 
lately with thunderstorms, rain, hail, the odd
bit of sunshine and blustery winds galore.
Just the way we like it. Not.

But if there's one thing this type
of weather is good for, it's creating those
cosy mornings where you look out the window at said
weather cocooned in your pj's or dressing gown,
steaming mug of tea in one hand, choolate biscuit in
the other and sigh as you think to yourself,
'I'm so glad I'm not going out in that!'


This happened to me on Sunday, when, 
although I had to go volunteering out in the rain and wind
for five hours (dedication), I had that exact same cosy,
cocooned feeling. And when that feeling or moment
hits you, I can tell you the perfect thing you want
to be listening to: 

The Submarine soundtrack.

It was written for the brilliant Richard Ayode film interpretation of the novel by Joe Dunthorn way back 
when in 2011 by my all time favourite man crush
Alex Turner off of the Arctic Monkeys, my all time 
favourite band.

Submarine is one of my favourite films and the soundtrack
is one of the best ever written because in true Turner 
style the lyrics are complex and enigmatic, with a gorgeous  metaphoric beauty, all sung in soft gentle tones by
the man himself.


It's mind boggling music that somehow sets your mind and 
soul at peace and almost seems to light up a dark and empty
room with a hazy gentle glow, and that my friend, is what makes this soundtrack utterly perfect for those gloomy rainy days.

1) STUCK ON THE PUZZLE

2) GLASS IN THE PARK

3) PILEDRIVER WALTZ

4) HIDING TONIGHT

5) HARD TO GET AROUND THE WIND

Get the book

the movie

and the soundtrack

and enjoy (:

No comments:

Post a Comment