Tuesday, January 7, 2014

CHAI TEA LATTE CONVERT

Today when I got in from college,
I went to go put on the kettle for a much needed cup
of tea. As my fellow Brits will understand, when you come
home after going out somewhere, if you're British,
the standard ritual is to make a cup of tea.
Or ask someone else to make you one.
Either way, you're getting one. End of.
It's almost like it's ingrained somewhere in your DNA.

I was following this said ritual earlier
when I suddenly thought, you know what, I'm going to mix this
up a bit; I'm going to have a chai tea latte.
I had one at Starbucks at Christmas and despite it
being far spicier than I had anticipated, it was, to be
frank, quite delicious.


And right at that moment in time, a chai tea latte
was just the thing I wanted. What proceeded after was therefore
a quick google to find a good recipe and the first link
had 4.8 stars out of 5, which was good enough for me.

To cut to the chase, it was easy peasy to make and 
tasted divine, so I thought I'd share the recipe with you below..

(What you can see to the left and right is an aerial shot of my attempt and an arty farty shot set against the window. Well cool)

RECIPE
(serves 2, take approx 3-4 mins to make):

INGREDIENTS:

2 tea bags
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp mixed spice
1 cup of milk
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence

METHOD:

1) Make a two typical cups of tea ie. tea bag + hot water
in a mug and allow it to brew as normal.

2) Add the cinnamon, ginger and mixed spice and stir
once or twice and then leave it for a minute or two whilst
you move onto the next step.

3) In a sauce pan on medium heat, add the milk, sugar 
and vanilla essence and stir with a wooden spoon (this step is super duper fast). Once the sugar has dissolved 
completely turn off the heart.

4) Take the tea bags out and pour half the milk into
one mug and half into the other and stir.

5) Have a sip and go 'aaahhhhh' as all those
lovely, sensuous flavours explode in your mouth.

Mmmmm mmmm mmmmmmm.

(you can also put whipped cream on the top
if you have any- I didn't :( )

-if you're making tea for one, just halve all the ingredients





1 comment:

  1. lovely post! :D please follow back! xx
    nathalieluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete