Wednesday, October 23, 2013

BANGING OUT THE BEAUTY TIPS


Now I can't believe that I am actually giving
some beauty tips, me (if you knew me in real life, aside from
my cool internet persona *wink wink nudge nudge* you would understand).

But this morning I was drying my hair,
as you do, when all of a sudden all these beauty tips started coming to me, and I was like 'need to get this out somewhere',
and nine hours later,
here we are.

And I've named this post
'BANGING OUT THE BEAUTY TIPS' which I think
goes to emphasize my earlier point, that I am really not a beauty expert.

But oh well, here goes....

NUMBER ONE
So this stuff is pretty cool, even though I don't know
how to spell it and had to rely on Google spell check to help me out. My tip for Sudocrem is this...

PUT IT ON YA SPOTS.

The last few days I've been sprouting a miniature version
of the Himalayas on the bottom of my chin and 
pulling 'the scream' face in the mirror in absolute despair.
What could I do?!
Well my friends, I turned to my trusty little pot of Sudocrem
and slathered it over the little red minions on my chin.
As soon as I did that I got a tingling sensation,
the tell tale sign that whatever
it is you're using is doing something, and what do you know...
This morning I got up, looked in the mirror
and my Himalayas had been significantly reduced 
and my chin was smoother than an iceberg in the Antarctic, and the inflammation had ceased to exist. 

Incredible.

You can also apply it over your spots to give a smooth & even base on which to apply foundation too!

And it's only £2.55 at Boots! 

COR BLIMEY.

__________________________________________________

NUMBER TWO
Now this stuff is free, AND it actually does help.

I used to mentally tell people to shut up when they
quacked on about the miracles of water, but then I actually
had a crack myself and I hold my hands up: it's true,
water does actually do stuff (good stuff).

So my first tip is number one, 

DRINK IT.

On average I drink just over 1.5 litres a day 
and it's actually not that hard.
In fact, it's kind of tasty in a weird way,
and trust me, you feel much better after drinking
water than you do after drinking coke or booze or whatever.
GO WATER!

My second tip is

WASH YA FACE WITH IT.

Don't invest all your money in fancy creams or washes or slush to whack all over your beautiful face, because there's really
no need to spend 5 or 6 quid when you could
spend nothing

When I became a teenager, I would be buying new products
every week to combat the ever increasing number of spots protruding out of my face, and let me tell you now,
NOTHING WORKED.
Then I started splashing cold (or lukewarm) water on my
face every morning and night, and hey presto, what
do you know, it actually made a difference!
YAY!

___________________________________________

NUMBER THREE

So I'm pretty sure all my friends swear by this stuff,
and every day someone utters those mortal words
'has anyone got any Vaseline' without fail.

I myself don't use it all the time, whenever I possibly can,
but I do applaud it's many benefits. 
For starters

SLATHER YOUR LIPS WITH IT
(Especially in the winter when they get drier than the Sahara)

GROW YOUR EYELASHES WITH IT

and what I mean by that is use a mascara brush,
dip it in the Vaseline or smooth Vaseline onto your lashes,
and then spread out your lashes with the brush
in the same way you would do with mascara.

And voila, look at those babies elongate.
You needn't fork out the doh on mascara
when you can spend near enough nothing on Vaseline! 
Ahhhhh the cheapskate life....

_______________________________________________

NUMBER FOUR
I love this stuff.

E45 Cream is just simply fab fabbity fab,
especially when you're an unfortunate sufferer of dry skin syndrome (wahey, fun times).

Now an obvious tip is to apply this so that you don't
dry out like a sponge and resemble Spongebob Squarepants
minus the water, but I have a different one I want to share...

USE THIS TO GET A DEWY GLOW.

When you have dry skin, and you're all set out to
replenish the moisture in your pores, you'd normally
slather enough on so that you remain relatively moisturized
for the majority of the day.

BUT, you can be moisturized, or you can be dewy
and dewy is what all the fashionistas slave away for.
Dewy is just the right balance between oily
and dry, and when you have dry skin, you can achieve
this easily because you can control how moisturized your face appears.

 To look dewy, you want to apply a light cover of moisturizing
cream to your skin, and you want just enough so that the light gently caresses and reflects off the apples of 
your cheek, but not so much that you look like you've just ran the London Marathon with a sneaky triathlon thrown in there for good measure.

Next time Vogue snaps you up for it's front cover,
there's no need to thank me ;)


<3

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY TIPS!
IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE PLEASE COMMENT (:

No comments:

Post a Comment