Monday, February 17, 2014

BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY

Here are some black and white photographs,
one of my favourite types of photography... :)


     







   



A few years ago I used to adore photography
and I would literally photograph things all the time.
I had a digital camera, a Canon film camera, a
Holga camera and I loved nothing more than taking
photos and editing them.

I still love how photography gives you the power
to show life from the perspective you choose.
You can make it beautiful, dreamy, real, honest.
I still love pouring over photographs in magazines,
on tumblr, my own photographs from years ago.
I just wish I hadn't stopped.

And the other day I went for a walk and I just
could not stop taking photos on my Ipod camera.
I was frustrated at how they didn't do the sights
I was seeing justice, but it reminded me of that
wonderful feeling you get when you take a good photo.

And it's addictive, and my urge to photograph has
been ignited, so now I'm looking for a new camera, or
perhaps I'll use my dad's old camera, and I'm going
to begin viewing the world through the lens all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment