Friday, February 28, 2014

PEOPLE



When I found this the other day, I couldn't help but think how true it was.
It resonated with me so strongly, because it made me think of a couple of people
I've met this year, or people that I've grown really close too, who I would never had
thought I could click so well with, yet I do, and in some cases better than people I've
known for so much longer.

I've been lucky enough to meet some really wonderful people, people with whom
I can completely be myself around, people who never give me a reason to do anything
but smile, people who make me feel complete in some way, people who I truly hope
remain in my life for a long, long time to come.

These people are ones who I never saw coming, yet they just appeared, like
some greater force knew that they were exactly what I needed, the right kind of
people to surround myself with, and these people have given me hope in the world,
that some truly amazing people really do exist, and hoping to meet people like that 
isn't a foolish dream to have. It is real. They exist. You just have to find them.
Or wait for them to find you.

Another reason why I like this quote though, is because it isn't all the usual
'when you find someone like that you should never let them go', because I know
that in an ideal world, once you find these sorts of people you should never let
them out of your sight. But in the real world, it's not always that easy.

One person I've met this year, I know for almost certain that despite the
huge impact they've made on my life, we will go our separate ways in a few
months time. This person, one of those special people of whom you only 
meet but a few in your lifetime, will slip through my fingers, and even though 
finding someone like them has been a dream come true, we aren't close enough 
or confident enough to keep our relationship going. 

It's just something that existed in this moment in time, and it was special, and
beautiful while it lasted, and even though I wish I could take them with me through the
rest of my life, I just don't think it's meant to be. So I guess all you can do is just
appreciate what you had, what little you have left to come, and just be grateful. 

And as for those who you meet and you know will be sticking around, 
try to hold on to them for as long as you possibly can.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment