Sunday, February 2, 2014

STYLE/ OUTFITS/ FASHION CHAMELEON


I am a chameleon when it comes to style
and fashion. I simply cannot limit myself to one
set style, genre, influence

I'm the kind of girl who wakes up in the morning and
just puts on whatever she's in the mood for, creating
whatever girl and identity she's in the mood to be.


Some days it's a grungy, rock inspired combo,
other days it's unapologetically girly and sweet.
Some days it's complete simplicity, some days it looks like
a box of acrylic paint just projectile vomited all over me.
Some days it's a crazy mis-match, some days
it's quirky and unique, others I look like I'm either
off for a business meeting in New York City
or embarking to be a waitress at the Ritz.

And there's no inbetween.

"I wear whatever the hell I want, 
I wear it however the hell I like,
and most importantly I wear it with confidence,
and I've found that if you have that confidence,
you can pretty much get away with wearing whatever
you want, however you want, and no one can judge you."
-How I view style

Sometimes I think it must be hard for people to identify
me because one day they think I'm one thing, the next
I'm something completely different.
You can see that just by the combination of outfits
I wore in the main image.
I'm not very consistent and I verge off on so many different
tangents because truth be told, I don't
identify myself as one thing or in one particular
way. I am many things, I'm complex, diverse,
a bit of both.


I know numerous people who have a set style
and you'll rarely find them swaying from it. I know
people who use fashion as an extension of
themselves and their personality, who they are, 
what they like.

It's all black, it's baseball tees, it's
buckled up shoes and frilly socks, it's converse,
it's woolly cardigans, it's bows in hair, it's 
business coats and tracksuit bottoms.

Whatever it may be, it all comes down to a couple of things:
1) style
2) self expression
3) image
4) identity
5) influence

But the most important thing is that whatever you wear,
whatever your influence, whatever your approach to style and 
fashion, whether it be a statement, an experiment,
a bit of fun, an identity, a source of comfort, it makes you 
feel good.

Who cares what other people think?

Style is accessible to everyone and personally
I think it's so interesting to see how each person 
interprets and makes it their own.


Be proud of who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment