Wednesday, February 19, 2014

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE // FAKE YOUR DEATH // GREATEST HITS


On Monday My Chemical Romance's final song
'Fake Your Death' off of their 'May Death Never Stop You
greatest hits album was released here in the UK.

I have to say I found it strange to hear MCR back
on the radio, because after their shock split last 
year I've gotten used to the fact that I won't be 
hearing anything new from Gerard and co

But it was a really lovely surprise to hear them
back one last time, and with such a beautiful song
as well. I know the title of the song may suggest
otherwise but I urge you to listen to it.
It's perfect.

And for me personally hearing MCR on the radio 
again is kind of bitter sweet because of course I love
them but their music still reminds me of a time in
my life when things were kind of difficult and dark.
I used to listen to their music all the time because
it was the only thing that ever really helped,
the only thing I could rely on and the one thing that
literally helped me to 'carry on'.

For me, hearing MCR now is like hearing from an old friend
who you don't really see anymore but whose friendship you'll
always hold in the highest esteem and for who you'll always,
always care for. I still feel this loyalty, this pride
this eternal gratitude for what they did for me.

Most people I know have no idea that I love
this band, and people who knew me at school or see me around
at college would probably have no idea that I even liked
their music, because social preconceptions dictate that
to like MCR you need to be a 'goth' or a 'greb' or an 'emo'.
And I wasn't, and people therefore assumed that I was
unable to feel sad or depressed or lost or worthless.

I always hated that.

People always thought they were this gothic, depressed
group of guys glorifying death, when in reality what
they were doing was showing that you really need not
fear death or the unknown, that there is no shame in
admitting that you're struggling to carry on or that you
need help, and most importantly, they were and still are
 saving lives.

I understand why people may not have liked them,
they weren't everyone's cup of tea, but to me they were
amazing and still are amazing, and I don't know how I
could be the person I am today without them.
I'm gutted that I will never see them live, but 
their music will always be there, no matter what, and
to me, I think that's pretty wonderful.

"We'll carry on"

DAMN RIGHT WE WILL! 


FAKE YOUR DEATH






No comments:

Post a Comment